Ivanhoe Golf Club Calcutta Auction Rules (December 2017)
A Calcutta Auction will be conducted on player's who nominate for the Vin O'Meara Memorial Trophy that is held in December each year and who agree to be involved in the Calcutta itself. The following rules will apply.
- Only players who qualify for the Vin O'Meara according to the Club qualification rules will be eligible for inclusion in the Calcutta Auction
- Players must nominate their intention to play in the event two weeks in advance to allow time for the form guide to be written.
- All players must participate in the event with the allocated Ivanhoe Golf Club squads on Saturday morning
- The Calcutta Auction will be held on the Saturday prior to the first week of the Vin O'Meara.
- All Club members are entitled to participate in the Auction.
- Bidding partnerships are not allowed.
- The successful bidder must offer to the player purchased an option to take up a half share in the Auction price (and dividend).
- If an auctioned player does not play in the first week of the event, then the Auction price will be refunded and the Auction Pool will be reduced accordingly.
- The Auction Pool will be awarded to the purchasers of the players with the three best scores at the end of the event of those entered in the Calcutta Auction
- The Auction Pool will be divided 60% first, 30% second and 10% third.
- A tied result in any position will split the relevant portion of the Auction Pool accordingly.
- If, due to weather or other conditions, the start date of the VOMMT is postponed, players who had scratched and who become available to play in the event as a result of the change in date may be eligible to be auctioned prior to the start of the event, in a manner to be determined by the Committee, if the Committee so decides.
There will also be an optional Fixed Price Pool. The following rules will apply.
- The Fixed Price Pool entry fee will be $25.
- Players can only buy themselves.
- If an entrant in the Fixed Price Pool does not play in the first week of the event, then the Fixed Price Pool fee will be refunded and the Fixed Price Pool will be reduced accordingly.
- The Fixed Price Pool will be awarded to the leading Fixed Price Pool entrant(s) at the end of the event.
- A tied result will split the Fixed Price Pool accordingly.